The Stafford Family

We are Bob, Jackie, Whitney, Justin, Jack and Gabriel Stafford. We decided to create this blogger so that Justin can see what the family is up to while he is deployed to Iraq. Hopefully this will keep him up to date on family events, trips, and just everyday life. For all you other nosey people who will check this blog (haha)...Enjoy!

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Saying Goodbye

Today is April 27, 2008 a chilly Sunday morning. As of this writing, I have not heard from Justin since Thursday night when I received a call from him while at work. He was actually at work as well. It was so good to hear his voice! He said that he is keeping a journal and was updating it every day. Most of what he does cannot be relayed to me which just keeps us all wondering what his daily life is like there. A few times he just says "it's really bad here and there's definitely a war going on". From time to time, we do a video conference through our web cams and that is always always always the highlight of my day. Yesterday, I received a document from him in the mail along with a handwritten note. At the end of it he said that everything will be all right and that he is reading his Bible. He said that was awesome and went on to say that that should make my day......which it obviously did!!! Basically what we do here is live by Iraqi time which is 8 hours ahead. I check instant messenger regularly throughout the day and carry my cell phone like it's now a permanent appendage! Having a son in Iraq has been life altering, all encompassing and definitely faith based. Without God in my life and my faith in Him, I would have no hope or peace. "No God, no peace, Know God Know Peace". But God loves Justin more than I do and He's always in perfect attendance.....even when mortars hit. So, Justin if you get an opportunity to read this, we love you! Thanks for taking care of others. Just like you are my son, there are other parents and spouses that has loved ones there and it is people like you that are saving their lives and attending to their injuries. Thank God for military like you!

No comments: